Peace & Purpose Program
The Peace and Purpose Program is our full length flagship program. It provides one-to-one support to youth who are in search of deep well-being and in-depth personal development. It combines modern life coaching with the ancient wisdom of midfulness, meditation and yoga. The full program is three months in length, and includes twelve 1-hour sessions, e-mail follow up, and on-your-own exercises.
The program is designed to support youth with the four following objectives:
- Increased self-love: they deepen their commitment to honouring and taking care of themselves.
- Connection to purpose: they find clarity on how their natural gifts can contribute to a fulfilling life.
- Empowered to act: they gain the inspiration and confidence to take action in alignment with their purpose.
Content of the Program
We do not take a one-size-fits-all approach. During the first session we set goals and create a plan in partnership with youth.
The list below provides a general idea of workshops and topics that may be included in the sessions, organized by outcome. Throughout the process, it is the youth that guides the focus:
Improved Mental Health
- Mind exploration: How does my mind work?
- Mind-body connection: alternatives to fight of flight
- Working with life stressors
- Mindfulness: paying attention to the 5 senses
- Mindful pausing: choosing the best response
- Breathing exercises for relaxation
- Introduction to yoga (or support for those with an existing practice)
- Introduction to insight meditation (or support for those with an existing practice)
- Free-form life coaching to explore mental health objectives
- Loving kindness meditation and exercises
- The power of affirmation
- Self care: listening to our needs
- Mindful eating
- Mindful sleep
- Mindful speech
- Mindful relationships
- Mindful technology use
- Free-form life coaching to explore the relationship with self
Connection to Purpose
- Dharma code exercise: why am I here?
- Exploration of personal passions
- How does the world need me?
- Distinguishing my voice from the voice of others
- Free-form life coaching to explore purpose
Empowered to Act
- Developing a wellness plan
- Identifying obstacles and strategies for overcoming them
- Clarifying priorities
- Building self-confidence through trial and error - learning to be ok with mistakes!
- Free-form life coaching to explore empowerment and taking action
...and many more possibilities, in alignment with the needs of the youth.
Program Duration and Delivery
12 1-hour weekly sessions, plus email follow-up and on-your-own practices. Possibility to extend at the request of the client.
Sessions can be conducted over phone or by videoconference, or in person in the vicinity of Montreal, Canada.